Telehealth Visits in Texas
One of our providers will assist you by video from the safety and comfort of your home.
Requirements you need:
- A computer, smartphone, or a device with a camera and microphone.
- An email address you can access.
- A good internet connection
How does it work?
You will receive directions and a link in your Patient Portal, allowing you to connect and use video conferencing to assess your symptoms, diagnose your condition, and devise a plan to treat your illness.
Your provider may determine that you must come into DOC-AID Urgent Care for labs or x-rays.
Insured: Telehealth/Virtual Visits are covered by most insurance companies, including Medicaid/Medicare.
Uninsured/Self Pay: Basic virtual consult -$75
To schedule a Telehealth visit, call 956-523-0966.
A link to the patient questionnaires will be sent to your phone or email. Complete all consent forms and submit them before your appointment.
Log in to your Patient Portal 15 minutes before your appointment. Your provider will log in and start your visit.
Telehealth Visits ARE APPROPRIATE for a variety of health concerns, including but not limited to:
- Acid Reflux/Heartburn
- Arthritic pain
- Bladder Infections/Urinary Tract
- Cold/cough/runny nose
- Insect Bites
- Minor Constipation or diarrhea
- Minor skin injury
- Minor Injuries
- Pink eye/Conjunctivitis
- Poison Ivy/Oak
- Prescription Refills
- Rash (non-genital, without fever)
- Request for laboratory testing (thyroid screening, diabetes screening, cholesterol screening)
- Seasonal Allergy Symptoms
- Scabies exposure
- Sinus infections or sinus pain
- Skin Infections
- Sore throat
- Upper Respiratory Tract infection
Telehealth Visits are NOT APPROPRIATE for the following reasons:
- Abdominal pain
- Chest pain or palpitations
- Dizziness, fatigue or weakness
- Fainting or loss of consciousness
- Head Injury
- Motor vehicle collisions, Spine or Major
- Extremity trauma
- Thoughts of harming self or others
- Severe illness with fever
- Severe Back Pain
- Shortness of breath